Modifying bits/sched.h in eglibc source package

Dear all,

I am new in this list, I am hacking around eglibc source package to
support a change in the linux kernel ABI that I am installing on my
local Ubuntu system.

The ABI change consists in:

*  Extending struct sched_param to support POSIX SCHED_SPORADIC
   according to a patch proposed in the LKML:

    http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/8/11/160

   struct sched_param {
	int __sched_priority;
+	int sched_ss_low_priority;
+	struct timespec sched_ss_repl_period;
+	struct timespec sched_ss_init_budget;
+	int sched_ss_max_repl;
};

*  Adding a new #define SCHED_SPORADIC value of 6.

Both changes affect the installed file:

    /usr/include/bits/sched.h

However, inside the eglibc source package I find 2 instances of this
file:

        bits/sched.h
        sysdepends/unix/sysv/linux/bits/sched.h

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. Why there are TWO files "bits/sched.h" in the source package?
        bits/sched.h
        sysdepends/unix/sysv/linux/bits/sched.h

2. Is the first one (bits/sched.h) generated automatically from the
   second (sysdepends/unix/sysv/linux/bits/sched.h)?,
   or
   if we change second, can the modifications be updated in the first
   automatically with a specific command or make rule?

3. Lots of values from these files seem to come from the kernel
   headers, in  particular:

   /usr/src/linux-rt-headers-2.6.31-11/include/linux/sched.h
   (I am using linux-rt source package from Ubuntu Lucid)
   http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/lucid-updates/linux-rt

   Is there a way to synchronize automatically eglibc headers with
   kernel headers?

Thanks for your attention and help,

Cheers,

       Miguel