Re: glibc: causes segfault in Xorg

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 10:08:47AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Steve, can you provide the output of fbset -i and the
> "/etc/X11/xorg.conf file as well? Any reason for not using the radeon
> driver?

I don't know why the radeon driver is not in use.  I have two monitors
(1600x1200 and 1920x1200) and configure things using the KDE system
config tool.

fbset -i:

mode "1280x1024"
    geometry 1280 1024 3200 1200 32
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    accel true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : radeondrmfb
    Address     : 0xd0142000
    Size        : 9216000
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 7680
    Accelerator : No

xorg.conf:

# xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Screen"