Request for transition slot for eglibc

Hi release team,

eglibc 2.13 starts to be in a good shape in experimental, it builds on
all release architectures plus at least hurd, sh4 and sparc64. It still
FTBFS on alpha and hppa. I fixed the build failures and some testsuite
regressions, and I have asked the porters for help for the remaining
regressions.

That said, I think we can expect  eglibc 2.13 to be fully ready soon,
probably beginning of the next week, so I am already starting to book a
transition slot ;-). The eglibc packages use symbol files, so only
packages using new symbols, and NSS related packages would pick up a new
dependency and will have to wait until eglibc 2.13 migrates to testing.
I am not aware of any big changes in include files that can cause FTBFS,
but I haven't done extensive tests either.

When is the next transition slot expected to be available and when is the
best moment for such a transition? Note that I currently don't really
plan to maintain eglibc 2.11 in unstable (which currently FTBFS due to
linker changes), but I might reconsider that if we have to wait too long
before being able to upload eglibc 2.13 to unstable.

Thanks,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73