Re: RFC: use of shlib bump for libc dependency on new multiarch directories?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 02:29:26PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > [1] As you said pre-depends are messy but the safe bet.  It would be best if
> >     we could somehow ensure that libc6 is upgraded first and that everything
> >     needed for the unpack is still there at that point (i.e. some liberal
> >     use of pre-depends somewhere in just the base set instead of everywhere).
> Ok.  I think that's certainly going to be more manageable than trying to add
> pre-depends to everything, anyway.  Any concerns about bumping the
> dependency for all libraries via dpkg-shlibdeps?

What's the timeframe for eglibc to be ready?  If it's able to migrate to
testing fairly soon and as it's just shlibdeps and as it's at the beginning of
the cycle, I don't really see any.  It should not be the primary blocker for
migration for weeks, though.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern