Re: Unknown PTHREADS_THREADS_MAX symbol in pthread_create(3)

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> wrote:
> Package: glibc-doc
> Version: 2.7-18lenny2
>
> Manual page of pthread_create(3) mentions about a not-existing constant,
> PTHREADS_THREADS_MAX.
>
> I am using Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.3, with a custom 2.6.26-2-686 kernel and
> libc6 2.7-18.

See:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/limits.h.html
~~~
A definition of one of the symbolic names in the following list shall
be omitted from <limits.h> on specific implementations where the
corresponding value is equal to or greater than the stated minimum,
but is unspecified.
~~~

GLIBC on x86 does not define PTHREAD_THREADS_MAX because the value is
greater than the minimum and has no artificially imposed limit.

Cheers,
Carlos.