[m68k] res_init segfault, need help debugging

Hi,

I’ve got a rather weird problem on m68k (with the patches I sent
to #601126 applied), stripped down:

ara2:~# cat >x.c
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <arpa/nameser.h>
#include <resolv.h>

int
main(void)
{
	return (res_init());
}
ara2:~# gcc x.c
ara2:~# ./a.out
Segmentation fault

I don’t get much help out of gdb, unfortunately.
Basically, the segfault is on accessing _res.retrans
in line 67 (first access of _res), but in gdb, this
works, _res is at 0xc014de20 and call __res_state()
yields -1072374240 which is the same. Its contents
are all NUL of course.

I tried lowering the minimum kernel version back
to 2.4.1 with no success. This problem makes both
openntpd and sendmail SIGSEGV instead of starting.

Any help in debugging this welcome. Please keep me
in Cc: as I’m not subscribed to this list.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
20:54⎜<SvenG:#grml> dmaphy: remember: "In theory there's no difference
     ⎜     between theory and practice, but in practice..."