glibc 2.8 __pthread_mutex_unlock inablity to do unlock

hi ,
I am using glibc 2.8 and gcc 4.3. I am getting a traplog like
TRAPINFO 14884:14884:    f7ca8818  :__pthread_mutex_unlock@PLT + 0

And then my process gets restarted, But The same code is working with old
glibc2.3 and gcc 3.4.

>From gdb debugger it seems the PLT entry is corrupted, can any one please
let me know is it a bug with glibc2.8, is there any new changes in
libpthread lib in glibc 2.8?
Why pthread_mutex_unlock is not able to unlock?

If i need to send more log/info then please let me know.
Thanks