Re: Hurd: eglibc & gcc-4.4

Aurelien Jarno, le Thu 26 Nov 2009 11:29:45 +0100, a écrit :
> I have been able to install the
> package and reboot my machine without any problem through.

Another needed test is to recompile the hurd package with the newer
libc, to check that ext2fs.static bootstraps correctly.

> Could someone confirm that it is ok to build eglibc with gcc 4.4 on
> hurd, so that I can do the switch in the next upload?

Rebooting with an updated ext2fs.static is the usual test we have done,
as that already tests a very large part of the hurd-specific code.

I don't know if there is still a reason for not running the testsuite.

Samuel