Re: Please test eglibc 2.9-23+multiarch.1

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:22:02PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 06:02:29PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > We have the constraints that we should support upgrades from Lenny, so
> > we are stuck with apt/aptitude from lenny...
>
> Remove the dependency from libc-bin. As long a libc-bin does not have
> maintainer scripts, this should work.

This might work, but that means the version number (the major version of
libc6 and libc-bin must match) has to be controlled from libc6, while
the binaries from libc-bin uses libc6, not the reverse.

Also with this kind argument, we have a lot of "useless" dependencies on
libc6 in the archive...

In short, I am ok with this kind of solution, but I would prefer to make
sure there is no other solution first.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73