Re: error: #error Fix asm/byteorder.h to define one endianness

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 05:51:41PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> Hi
>
> Apparently on a current mipsel (using sid), there are these errors
> regarding enidanness during building of some packages. Probably
> something changed in linux-libc-dev, though userspace should avoid using
> kernelspace headers when possible AFAICS and should probably use
> <endian.h> instead of <asm/byteorder.h>.
>
> Should I file bugs for the packages that FTBFS because of this?

I think there are actually two problems:
- Programs that include <linux/*.h> which in fine includes
  <asm/byteorder.h>. This is definitely a problem of the kernel headers.
- Programs that FTBFS because they include <asm/byteorder.h>. They could
  be fixed by switching to <endian.h>, but I don't think it could be
  considered as an RC bug, as the kernel headers have to be fixed
  anyway.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73