Re: getaddrinfo: DNS round robin vs RFC3484 s6 rule 9, for etch

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 06:23:06PM +0000, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>   DNS RR is "broken" on Windows XP since SP2, Windows Vista, most *BSDs,
> Redhat and Fedora, and probably any Linux distribution out there

I've just tested XP SP2 myself in various ways.  I've tried things
like internet explorer, ping, Anthony's python script under cygwin.
They all fall under the "not stable", and use a different IP each time.

I let someone test it on Vista, and that does follow rule 9, making it 2
implementations I know of that actually do it.

I haven't seen anybody claim that any of the *BSDs implemented rule 9
that also says he tested it, I've only seen reported of FreeBSD saying
it didn't.

Kurt