Antwort: Re: Bug or no bug?

Hello,

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> schrieb am 06.08.2007 14:12:36:

> Hans-Joachim Hoetger wrote:
> > i have debian stable running on my Netra T1 (sparc).
>
> > # Die folgenden Pakete haben nichterfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
> > #   file: Hängt ab: libmagic1 (= 4.17-5etch2) aber 4.
> 12-1sarge1 soll installiert werden
> > #         Hängt ab: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1) aber 2.3.2.
> ds1-22sarge6 soll installiert werden
> > # E: Kaputte Pakete
> > # web:~#
>
> stable = etch; you install sarge packages. check your sources.list.

this was a totally weired problem. I have Flo Lohoff (owner of
ftp2.de.debian.org) here in the company. He helped me with this issue. It
seems that there was a newer sarge release than the etch release. When i
made the dist-upgrade, the 'stable' link was obviously not updated from
sarge to etch on ftp2.de.debian.org. That leeded to a situation, where i
installed a newer Packages File from sarge then the current Packages File
from etch. Because its newer, this file gets not overwritten by an apt-get
update. Cools, isn't it?

I will now exchange stable with etch in my sources.list.

I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
cheers
Hans-Joachim Hötger