Re: More on additional glibc test to prevent Debian on Redhat+TUX VPS users to get in troubles when upgrading to glibc 2.7-3.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 01:39:37AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> It can probably be used at installation time, but that's mean adding
> some complexity to the already complex preinst script. It also means
> spending some time for that, and I am personally not ready to spend time
> to write a patch for highly non-standard kernels.

But wide-spread...

If you would like to test for this, the easiest way is probably to use
perl.  You can make an arbitrary syscall using something like:

  $path = "/"; syscall(&SYS_open, $path, 0WHATEVER, 0WHATEVER);

and then check errno.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery