Re: Should libc6-dev conflict against binutils in experimental?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:01:31PM +0300, Touko Korpela wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 07:19:16AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > > Current conflicts binutils (<< 2.17cvs20070426-1) doesn't match version
> > > in experimental. Maybe it should be added too?
> >
> > That's really not possible, the version in experimental is higher (from
> > the debian version point of view) than the version in unstable. If we do
> > that, that will causes some problems later.
>
> Maybe adding another conflict entry for experimental versions or just for
> latest version in experimental?

  What is the point ? I mean, people using experimental should know what
they are doing. We won't bloat the conflict line of our packages for
them. binutils versioning is inconsistent between unstable and
experimental and _that_ is the real issue, go talk to the binutils
maintainer, he's more able to fix that IMHO.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit