From: Clint Adams [mailto:schizo@debian.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:02 PM
To: Larry Scheer
Cc: debian-glibc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Request for build information

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 04:47:13PM -0700, Larry Scheer wrote:
> What were the steps and tools that were used to compile and build the
> glibc packages for the mipsel arch? I am primarily interested in how
the
> Debian patches were applied, the source code compiled, and the
libraries
> built.

The glibc source package is transferred to a bonafide mipsel machine, on
which the equivalent of the following line is run:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -B

(You'll need to install the dpkg-dev and build-essential packages to
 accomplish this).

Since you want to cross-compile, you may want to install the dpkg-cross
package and use that.  If it happens that the source package is not
clean for a cross build that way, give a shout so we can fix it.