inotify-problems / sys/inotify.h not there.

Hi!
In advance; Please CC all mails about this to me, as I'm not a list subscriber.

I'm running Debian Testing,
daxxar@mental:~$ dpkg -l libc6*|grep ^ii
ii  libc6           2.3.6.ds1-10   GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev       2.3.6.ds1-10   GNU C Library: Development Libraries

I'm trying to write a program using inotify, and I've had some problems. I can't find <sys/linux.h> which a few examples use, and according to packages.debian.org, no package contains it (except klibc and dietlibc). OTOH, I've got linux/inotify.h, but when I compile a simple program that only calls inotify_init(), I get this:

/tmp/ccIj8hhd.o: In function `main':
inotify.c:(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `inotify_init'

After a quick googling, this seems to be caused by using linux/inotify.h, instead of the (supposedly) glibc-provided sys/inotify.h. Now, I can't find this, so is this a problem with libc6-dev?

If not, can someone give me a working snippet for this libc-version that invokes inotify_init?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Kindest regards, Jørgen P. Tjernø.