Re: [parisc-linux] glibc nptl failure baseline update.

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:46:43 -0500
"Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:

> > > Watch out there is a compiler bug I ran into with vfprintf. I have a
> > > patch to disable delayed branch reorganization when compiling
> > > vfprintf.c from stdio.
> >
> > Where is this patch ? :)
>
> It is part of this patch:
> http://www.parisc-linux.org/~carlos/libc-head-2007-02-05.diff
> -CFLAGS-vfprintf.c = -Wno-uninitialized
> +CFLAGS-vfprintf.c = -Wno-uninitialized -fno-delayed-branch

Ok then it was applied already.

> > I used this binutils :
> > GNU ld version 2.17.50.0.9 20070103
> > I'll try a newer version but got not much hope.
>
> I didn't say it's fixed in a newer binutils. I meant to say that we
> likely need to fix binutils :-)

I somehow expected that :)

> > So far so good, python and openldap test suite wich failed in odd ways wrt thread stuff now works fine :)
> > This is still only in a chroot, we'll put that in portage soon for testing.
>
> Excellent! What kernel are you using?

Linux hake 2.6.19.2 #2 Thu Feb 1 19:58:15 EST 2007 parisc PA8600 (PCX-W+) GNU/Linux

Let me know if you have some patch/update for glibc which needs testing.

Cheers,
  Guy

--
Guy Martin