Re: IP addresses sorted in reverse order

On 02.06.06 11:33, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Yes probably something internal, I don't know exactly. You could have a
> look at the code to find why.

Thank you, I'll try to searching deeper :)

> >>So the glibc is fully compliant with the RFC. There is nothing wrong
> >>with it.

> >except it spoils any attempt to sort RRs so they are in network topology
> >order :-(

> Yes but it is allowed, so that's probably your implementation which is
> buggy. Anyway, I wouldn't rely on something that is not guaranteed...

I don't rely on it. "irc.sk" points to difefrent servers, both are working.
I just wondered why can't I use the closest one, if DNS returns RRs in such
order...
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.