BUG: glibc-2.3.6-7 build w/gcc-4.0 fails (followup)

I originally wrote about a dl-runtime.c compilation error, and
provided a workaround in the form of replacing the strong_alias()
macro call with the presumed equivalent asm() statement in dl-machine.h.

I have since discovered that this bug is covered by
debian/patches/alpha/cvs-gcc4-profile.diff, which didn't get applied
during my build because the "quilt" package hadn't been installed, and
the missing package didn't stop the build from proceeding.

Perhaps a newbie mistake on my part.  However, as a result there was
an opportunity to inspect/review the original patch, and it does not
appear to implement the originally intended functionality.  I'll leave
it to those who know what they're doing to decide, because I admit to
being in over my head :-).

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com