glibc_2.3.6-7_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi maintainers,

Sorry, but I'm going to reject this package.

1) You're adding a new package directly to unstable, instead of first to
   experimental.

2) Glibc is currently RC buggy, and it'd really really be better to just get
   an RC bugfree glibc in testing asap without all kinds of new changes

3) The locales-all package is 52MB, 275MB installed size. That's a factor 10
   more than the wishlist (!) bug requestiong the package says. To top this
   off, it's also arch:any, so multiplying the required archive space by quite
   a factor. I'd encourage you to ensure the binary blogs in question are
   architecture neutral, and also look critically at why this package needs to
   be so huge, for 'just' the compiled locales. There are 380 locales
   supported in unstable atm, and the text representations take 6.8M? An easy
   optimalisation is already making sure the 850kB or so LC_COLLATE files of
   utf-8 locales to be shared amongst each of the UTF-8 locales.

4) You ask packages which previously depend on locales to now depend on
   locales|generated-locales, why not simply let locales-all provide locales?

--Jeroen

===

If you don't understand why your files were rejected, or if the
override file requires editing, reply to this email.