glibc 2.3.6-5

Hi all,

We now have an RC bug on the glibc (#360574), it can't be built from source anymore.

I think we have to upload glibc 2.3.6-5 soon, however, it has to pass thru the NEW area as there is one more binary for the timezone.

I also have patches that require to go to the NEW area again. Those patches split the libc6 and libc6-dev packages, adding libc-bin and libc-dev-bin. This is required by the policy and also by multiarch. Those patches are ready, except that the log files do not go in the right packages. I hope to be able to do that soon, but I am currently having a really really tight schedule.

If I am not able to fix that soon (let's say for Thursday), I suggest to upload a glibc splitted, but with the log files in the wrong places. What do you think?

I also have to make a test build on amd64 to make sure the multiarch implementation works correctly on reiserfs. This has been fixed, but not tested yet.

Also does anybody else have patch to merge before the upload? Jeff, do you want to do the patch renaming for this upload? Do you need some help?

Bye,
Aurelien