glibc 2.3.6-3

Hi all!

I have just uploaded glibc 2.3.6-2. It is now time to think to the next
upload, glibc 2.3.6-3.

Personally here is the things I would like to see in it:

- Split of libc6 and libc6-dev into libraries and binaries. This is
required as per policy, but become more important for multiarch support. But maybe there is a reason for having binaries and libraries in the same package?

- More architectures using the multiarch directories for the 64-bit
version of the glibc. This will however depends on other packages

- A policy for the debian/patches directory. This is currently a bit a mess (and I contributed to it) in this directory, except for the locale data which is separated. I think the information we need in the patch filename is:
  - a short part telling what the patch does
  - the architecture for which it applies
- the upstream status (debian specific, in upstream BTS, fixed in CVS). For example xfree86 uses number to define that: 000 (patches from upstream or merged in upstream), 001-899 (patches that should be merged in upstream), 900-999 (patches that are specific to debian or were rejected by upstream).

Maybe some more information could be put in the filename. Don't hesitate to give ideas. Then we could put a README file containing the policy in this directory.

- A lot of bug fixes!

Don't hesitate to comment that, and to share your plans.

Bye,
Aurelien