compiling libc with --disable-hidden-plt

Hi,
i'm at first post in this list, and i'm searching for a solution to one
problem, so excuse me if it's not pefectly in topic here...

So, this is the problem:
i want to wrap almost all system call with LD_PRELOAD, and i would like to
write a minimal library (rewrite all libc is quite boring... :-P )
I would prefer to write only write(), open()  and not having to rewrite
functions like fopen(), printf() and so on...

I found that with --disable-hidden-plt configure option i can build a
dynamic library that can be preloaded with my own library: something like
$LD_PRELOAD="./libtest.so ./libc.nohidden.so" a.out

but it doesn't work... or better: it works for write(),open() that i
directly write into "libtest.so", but printf doesn't call write, so i
can't intercept it...

Do you know if I do something wrong, or is just impossible what i'm trying
to do??
Do you know if I can contact some other lists?

thanks in advance, and sorry for my english... bye!
--
-gaspa-