Priority of the 64-bit versions of libc6

Hi all,

Looking at the priority of the 64-bit versions of libc6, I have found
some disparities between architectures. Moreover there is some
disparities with the override file and bug #344253.

Here is the current priorities:

libc6-amd64: standard
libc6-dev-amd64: optional

libc6-ppc64: required
libc6-dev-ppc64: standard

libc6-s390x: required
libc6-dev-s390x: standard

libc6-sparc64: required
libc6-dev-sparc64: standard

Giving the fact that those packages are non functionnal on some
machines, I am not sure they should be of priority required or even
standard, the later meaning that the package is installed on default
installation.

Also note that all optimized versions of libc6 (libc6-sparcv9,
libc6-sparcv9b, libc6-i686) are of priority "extra". There is for
example more chance for a user to have an i686 class machine than an
x86_64 class one. Note however that the 64-bit versions of libc6 add new
functionality, whereas the optimized versions provide the same
functionality, but IMHO that does not justify a priority "required" or
"standard".

Therefore I propose to change all 64-bit versions of libc6 to optional,
and their -dev counterpart to extra. Any comment?

If it looks ok, please find attached a patch to do that.

Bye,
Aurelien

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer