Ubuntu/Debian diff for 2.4

I've just uploaded 2.4-1ubuntu0 for edgy.  Looking at our diff, here are the places where we've diverged:

* doesn't depend on tzdata yet (we still have timezones bundled in locales, will change this)
* added Niagara support (needs 2.6.17 kernel, but after that is easy enough to add in)
* GFDL manuals are allowed in Ubuntu, re-enabled.
* Extra searchdir added for "language packs"
* Linuxthreads dropped everywhere now (hppa known to FTBFS, sorting that out)
* separated out locales completely.  Rather than patch in the belocs stuff, we just depend on it explicitely and have added a locales package to the belocs package (less hassle, avoids glibc testsuite failures)
* doesn't ship the kernel warning init script, it doesn't play well with usplash (and initramfs-tools dies before it ever gets that far anyway)
* does $(patsubst %,$(stamp)binaryinst_%,$(DEB_UDEB_PACKAGES)):: $(stamp)debhelper as a :: rule for some reason.  I'm not sure why off hand.
* Pass in CXX explicitely for the ABI tests, which we then don't do anything with.
* We regenerate control every time.

There's a couple of these things I can probably reduce, but in general I think this is a pretty reasonably small diff.

What I'm going to need to hack on next in Ubuntu/glibc is cherry picking some of the fixes from CVS, and getting our linux-kernel-headers updated.  As I do those, I'll try to post here with the results so that we can add them to Debian if it makes sense.  If there's any of the above things that you think should be svn, lemme know and I'll add them in.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Although when you're in the situation that RMS is telling you that
you're being too ideological about freedom, maybe, just maybe, it's