Re: glibc_2.3.6-7_i386.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 03:03:31AM -0700, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Hi maintainers,
>
> Sorry, but I'm going to reject this package.
>
> 1) You're adding a new package directly to unstable, instead of first to
>    experimental.

Is it a new requirement? I wasn't aware of that.

More seriously, I can understand that for libc-bin, but not for package
that you are not obliged to install.

I plan to add libc6-mipsn32 and libc6-mipsn64 soon. Should they also go
thru experimental first?

If yes, please either allow two different versions of a package in
experimental or please remove glibc 2.4 from it.

Also note that experience prooved that almost nobody tests glibc packages
from experimental... Or at least they don't report the bugs they found...

Aurelien