Re: r1381 - in glibc-package/trunk/debian: . local/manpages local/usr_sbin

Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 06:22:18AM +0000, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

Author: aurel32
Date: 2006-04-10 06:22:16 +0000 (Mon, 10 Apr 2006)
New Revision: 1381

Modified:
  glibc-package/trunk/debian/changelog
  glibc-package/trunk/debian/local/manpages/tzconfig.8
  glibc-package/trunk/debian/local/usr_sbin/tzconfig
Log:
 * local/usr_sbin/tzconfig:
   - Put a copy of the current timezone into /etc/localtime instead of a
     symlink.  (Closes: #346342, #345907)
   - Handle the case where /etc/localtime does not exists.  (Closes:
     #360383).
 * local/manpages/tzconfig.8: Update the manpage accordingly.

I think I should sleep instead of committing stuff. Hopefully somebody
had the good idea to send the commits to the mailing list, and this give
me the opportunity to see my mistakes.

On the technical side, if /etc/localtime is a real file, it won't be
updated anymore, and then timezone package is useless...

Maybe the solution is to update this file in the postinst script of
tzdata? What do you think?

Well I have just seen that tzdata already do that, so it's just a matter of replacing ln -sf by cp -f in the postinst of tzdata.

However, that does not fix #345907. Does anybody has an idea how to fix that? I think it is a good idea to let the user update it's timezone manually, given the way we handle timezone in the stable release (though it should now be easy with the tzdata package).

Bye,
Aurelien