Re: timezone data packaged separately and in volatile?

Denis Barbier a écrit :
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:22:50PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

- glibc maintainers, would you approve of such an update to a point
 release of sarge?

I am *one* of the glibc maintainer, and I agree in principle with such a change, though I haven't look very deeply at your patch (will do that later).

I hope other glibc maintainers will give their opinion there.

Ditto, but this should be done for all sarge stable releases, which is a
lot of work.  IMO splitting timezone data into a seperate package in
the next sarge release would help future releases, if this is allowed by
our stable RMs.

Well I am currently trying to split the glibc to not have libraries and binaries in the same package (that will be a problem for multiarch). While I am doing that, I can also put the timezone data in a separate package.