Re: Which package for gmake? [OT]

Alonso wrote:

> I’m using a Debian Sarge installation on my Server and I’m compiling
> some apps that are not already provided by this distribution (jabberd
> 2). Now I need ‘gmake’ to compile one of its components but I can’t
> find which package provides this utility. I’ve have installed some of
> the ‘glib’ packages using apt-get but always I type ‘which gmake’ in
> the command line y don’t get a response.
>
> Q: Which package I need to run ‘gmake’?

If by "gmake" you mean GNU Make, then you want the "make" package.  But
it isn't called gmake in the package so you will have to make a symlink
yourself, e.g. /usr/local/bin/gmake -> /usr/bin/make

By the way, thanks for reminding me that I meant to file a wishlist bug
on the make package to include a gmake symlink.

Finally, questions of this nature are best asked at
debian-user@lists.debian.org -- debian-glibc is a list for developers
packaging the libc library.

regards,