2.3.4-1 in experimental

I've put glibc 2.3.4-1 into experimental.  It'll be available via
mirror server.  I tested the previous snapshot version on all 12
supported architectures at:

  http://www.gotom.jp/~gotom/debian/glibc/snapshot/2.3.4_0.3.snapshot20041220.1/

2.3.4-1 should be successfully built on 12 architectures in
experimental.  The status is as follows:

  - alpha	done		(with lkh 2.5.999-test7-bk build fix patch)
  - amd64	done
  - arm		probably done	(with sjlj local patch)
  - hppa	in partial	(without ldcw patch)
  - i386	done		(with i686 local patch)
  - ia64	done
  - m68k	done		(with fPIC and sjlj local patch)
  - mips	done
  - mipsel	done
  - ppc		done
  - sparc	done
  - s390	done

Note that the current arm gcc 3.3/3.4 in unstable causes internal
compiler error (#298508), so it'll be available after hand-build.  Old
hppa possibly does not work with linuxthreads, but I plan to support
after -1.

You can pull the current glibc-2.3.4 svn branch from:

  svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-glibc/glibc-package/branches/glibc-2.3.4

Note that be careful to handle this glibc 2.3.4.  Please don't dupload
your build version to unstable - our mistake makes unstable chaos
(think about 2.3.2-1 long-term breakage).

I plan to put the following activities to the next 2.3.4-2 or -3 in
experimental after confirmation:

  - ia64 (and others) thread size fix from the discussion between
    David Mosberger and Daniel Jacobowitz.
  - ppc64 support from Bastian Blank.
  - hppa ldcw patch support based on Carlos O'Donell work.
  - ppc32 nptl support after gcc fix.
  - amd64 i386 support from Andreas Jochens.
  - arm build after gcc fix (#298508)
  - hopefully mips nptl support by Daniel Jacobowitz (that is possibly
    available in glibc-snapshot 2.3.90).

I also plan to have another -snapshot package that is 2.3.90 series -
this is the exact version I would like to check for.

Regards,
-- gotom