Re: [GEM-dev] glibc pthread_join freezing on sarge using pd/pdp/gem

I'd say that the kernel is not the responsibility of application
developers.  It really looks like a pthread/kernel issue because those
traces are for two totally separate userland apps (GEM and pdp).  I
would find another machine, distro and/or OS to run this on if you
can't get around a really low level problem.  That's probably not what
you want to hear, but it's the best advice I can give.

cgc