Subject: Re: efax-gtk-3.0.3 released
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:00:32 +0100
From: Chris Vine <chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk>
To: Lior Kaplan <webmaster@guides.co.il>

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 22:28, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The package was uploaded today. There's a build failure on ia64.
>
> /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h:49: error: array bound is not an integer
> constant
>
> full log at
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=efax-gtk&ver=3.0.3-1&arch=ia64&stam
>  p=1122974298&file=log&as=raw
>
> Can you send me a patch, so I'll upload another version?

Hi Lior,

This looks as if it is a problem with the glibc header files provided
with Debian IA64 (in particular with /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h). The
error reported is that an array bound at line 49 of that file is not an
integer constant.

At a guess this is caused by /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h not using the
subset of C99 which is compatible with C++, as C99 allows non-constant
array initialisation sizes, whereas the C++ and the pre-1999 C standards
do not (so you can expect most C++ programs to fail to compile for IA64).

/usr/include/sys/ucontext.h is a file which comes with glibc. I suggest
you contact the maintainer of glibc for Debian IA64. As a fix there may
be a g++ compiler flag which allows non-constant array bounds in C++ as
an extension, and which would enable C++ programs to be compiled with
IA64, but it would not be appropriate to deal with this in the
configuration for any particular program.

Regards,

Chris.

Lior Kaplan
kaplanlior@gmail.com