Bug 266507 (Re: [linux-audio-user] Mentor for Debian Official 3.1r-0a (Sarge)and Linux Audio)
- To: "A list for linux audio users" <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, " " <email@example.com>
- Subject: Bug 266507 (Re: [linux-audio-user] Mentor for Debian Official 3.1r-0a (Sarge)and Linux Audio)
- From: "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>
- Date: 26 Jun 2005 12:08:43 +0200
- Message-id: <015901c57a37$09015780$a501a8c0@computer2>
- References: <opssp0tclzelpjzo@debian> <42B80FBB.firstname.lastname@example.org><42B82FC5.email@example.com><1119368837.19357.26.camel@mindpipe><20050623163006.GJ1107@kan> <1119549461.13259.6.camel@mindpipe><20050624190420.GW5333@kan> <20050625135439.GG7243@kan>
That is a bug in the obsolete version of libc6 which is provided by Debian.
Maybe the package maintainers and the Debian project leaders should be made
aware by the Linux Audio community that former supporters of Debian have moved
to Ubuntu because of bug 266507. People here have spent countless hours to
diagnose that bug, find a fix and deal with problems resulting from the
non-fixing of that bug in Debian.
I have CCd the glibc-maintainers and firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe they can tell us
why that bugfix was not applied, the priority of the bug has not been increased
and an obsolete version of the library is used.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bannister" <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Mentor for Debian Official 3.1r-0a (Sarge)and
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 07:04:20AM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:57:40PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 04:30 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > > > On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:47:16AM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > > > Didn't Sarge ship with the horrible NPTL 0.60 bug?
> > > > >
> > > > > That should be reason enough to use Ubuntu, Debian does not seem to
> > > > > shipping completely non-working packages.
> > > >
> > > > Did you file a bug?
> > > >
> > >
> > > Yes:
> > >
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=266507
> > >
> > > It's been marked "fixed upstream" since February.
> > It's been marked "fixed upstream", but still not fixed?
> > Pester them. Refile it. It's archived in the BTS so hopefully 'shoddy'
> > maintainers will get noticed.
> Sorry to reply to my own post, but the fix seems to be:
> --- nptl/pthread_create.c~ 2003-09-09 03:17:15.000000000 -0400
> +++ nptl/pthread_create.c 2004-08-17 21:48:47.000000000 -0400
> @@ -399,7 +399,7 @@
> /* Determine scheduling parameters for the thread.
> XXX How to determine whether scheduling handling is needed? */
> - if (0 && attr != NULL)
> + if (attr != NULL)
> if (iattr->flags & ATTR_FLAG_NOTINHERITSCHED)
> Please apply.
> Is that for libc6 or the 2.6 kernel?