Re: ppc64 biarch toolchain and 64bit powerpc kernels ...

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 01:35:26PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 07:09:51PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Or should i rely on the ubuntu toolchain, and use that to upload kernels
> > to sid in the near future ?
>
> *NO.*  There is no excuse for uploading packages to unstable/main that can't
> be built using Debian!

So, when will i get a biarch toolchain in debian ?

The alternative being naturally to maintain a fork in people.debian.org, which
could be done, but will be a mess or whatever.

At least having the stuff in experimental ASAP would be a first step, but i
have not yet gotten any feedback on this, nor any plan to get it implemented
or whatever.

In any case, i do *not* plan to do any further upload of sid kernels without
pure 64bit support.

BTW, it seems that as a result of our little support on this, IBM has
apparently donated a couple of boxes to debian, or at least thought so, who
ended up being the augsbourg university ones. I would love to know who inside
debian was involved in this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther