problems with pthread stack sizes on alpha

reassign 304549 libc6.1
retitle 304549 LinuxThreads thread stack sizes don't stay set on alpha
thanks

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to be reassigning this to glibc before I have a reproducible test
case, but I have been over the OpenLDAP 2.2 code and all creation of new
threads in the code is done with a single function that sets a 4MB stack
size for the thread -- yet I've confirmed (using pthread_getattr_np) that
the stack size in the resulting thread is 2MB, and gcc's attempts to grow
the stack beyond that point give a segfault.

However, so far I have been unable to reproduce the problem using a trivial
program that creates a single thread.  Perhaps it's only reproducible when
using multiple threads, or when calling other pthreads functions that I
haven't identified yet.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer