Re: ETA for glibc 2.3.4?

Juergen Kreileder wrote:
Huh?  In what state is it (see ps output)?
I'll check next time the process locks.
If a runnning or sleeping
process doesn't respond to SIGKILL then it's a kernel bug.

Possibly.  I'd still like to fix this glibc issue to find out whats going on.

We've tried 2.6.4, 2.6.7, 2.6.9, and 2.6.10 with the same behavior.

After talking to some folks from the Internet Archive they mentioned
that they noticed similar behavior with 2.3.2 and upgraded to the
latest Fedora Core which has glibc 2.3.4 and their issues vanished.

Note that Debian's glibc 2.3.2 already comes with NPTL in the
libc6-i686 package.

Yes... we're running that but there's a race condition with 2.3.2 that I'd like to make sure we have a patch for...

http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2005/01/msg00129.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2005/02/msg00007.html

get a free iPod!