problem with libc6 upgrade on woody

Hello

I have a problem with upgrading libc6 on my woody system and I'm simply
stuck. During the install of the latest libc6 package (2.25-11.5), install
quits with error code 139 (and no other output than report of the code).
This is an old system, and something in /etc may be trashed, but I have
simply no idea where to look. Running the postinst script by hand yields no
error.

Alex
--
   *   | Janusz A. "Alex" Urbanowicz, RSA: 0x46399138, ALEX3-RIPE  52°13'38'' N
 --+~| | JID: alex at hell.pl                                      21°03'38'' E