Re: [rfc] alpha-linux changing to 128-bit long double

At Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:44:05 +0000,
James Troup wrote:
> >> Not to mention it was for all architectures - I have no idea how
> >> this could be sanely done for a single architecture.  Remember you
> >> have to rename all the library packages...
> >
> > This transition is only for alpha.
>
> You still can't do a soname transition for libc without changing the
> name of every library package which means changing the source which
> means it'll affect all architectures.

Uhm, exactly - I forgot that point.  It becomes big transition not
only alpha.

So after sarge, we have at least 3 big transition: (1) alpha libc6.2
transition (2) m68k/hppa gcc 3.4 (sjlj -> dwarf2) transition (3)
biarch support.  Our life will be filled with difficulties ;)

Regards,
-- gotom