Re: libc6-i686: how to use NTLP ?

From: GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp>

Because you don't mount tmpfs on /dev/shm.  Please use the newer glibc
(>= 2.3.2.ds1-11) or install the latest "initscripts".  I guess you
may disable tmpfs on /dev/shm.

Exactly that was my problem. I had newest glibc and initscripts, but I disabled tmpfs to save ressources, not knowing the consequences for NPTL. After compiling a kernel with tmpfs support and mounting it, it works like a charm. Maybe you want to drop a line in the libc6-i686 documentation? Anyway, I'll add a "[SOLVED]" posting to the debian-user mailing list, so hopefully anyone having the same problem will find the answer there.

Thank you very much, Goto! Have nice holidays and a happy new year!

Viktor.