Bug#283149: Obfuscated Argentinian Timezones
- To: Christian Perrier <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#283149: Obfuscated Argentinian Timezones
- From: Margarita Manterola <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:41:22 -0300
- Message-id: <20041127184122.GA28224@localhost>
- Reply-to: Margarita Manterola <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20041126224617.GO19879@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
- References: <20041126202349.GA24152@localhost> <20041126224617.GO19879@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
Hola Christian Perrier!
> > This information is located in /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab, and I'm
> > referring mainly to the "TZ" and "comments" column. I think it would be
> > better if just the "TZ" information was shown, without the comments.
> This file is part of the libc6 package. Hence reassigning the bug to
> this package
The file is part of the libc6 yes, but I'm not sure the bug is actually a
libc6 bug, because the main problem is how the debconf template shows it.
My understanding is that the template shows always "TZ (comments)". In the
case of Argentina, just "TZ" would be enough, without the comments.