parse error when compiling against '/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h'

package: linux-kernel-header

There appears to be a parse error in one of the header files
associated with this package. It is difficult to believe that this has
not been noticed before, but I can't seem to find it on the debian bug

In the file '/usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h' there appears to be a
problem with line 79.

78:        unsigned short ss, __ssh;
79:        struct _fpstate __user * fpstate;
80:        unsigned long oldmask;

When compiling programs that are linked against this file, I get a
parse error on line 79. But if I change the line to the following

'79:         struct _fpstate * fpstate; '

the parse error disappears and everything works fine.

I have checked on google and this problem is mentioned several times
as being a debian specific bug, but I can not find any mention of it
on any debian bug list or mailing list.

I have noted that on a gentoo system that I have access to, the line
reads as I have it above, i.e. the modified line.

I have my computer upto date with debian 'testing' and  I have a
non-debian vanilla  kernel  2.4.26 installed. With the exception of
the kernel everything is standard debian.