Re: linux-kernel-headers : linux/socket.h + linux/auto_fs.h

Colin Watson wrote:

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:24:59AM +0100, David Greaves wrote:
no comment?

Even: go away you're not supposed to <insert brief explanation here>?

In general you aren't supposed to include kernel headers from userspace.
am-utils probably needs to copy the kernel definitions it needs until
such time as there's a proper libc interface (i.e. not in linux/ or
asm/).

Fixing the problem in the kernel headers may be a good idea regardless.

Cheers,
Thanks Colin
I was aware of 'sanitised' kernel headers (http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/) and I thought that's what these were.

From the package description: "These headers are used by the installed headers for GNU glibc and other system libraries."

So I thought that I should use them for things like am-utils.

I'll go and learn some more then ;)
Given these are glbc's headers and your comment indicates there happens to be a bug - is glibc the right place to file a bug report?

David