libdb1-compat / glibc6 removing 9 packages

Bonjour à tous,

 I wanted to install libdb1-compat & glibc6 on Debian ppc woody.  I was
wondering if it was expected that installing these would remove 9
packages, including g++.

challenger:/home/jlam/apps/debs# apt-get install libdb1-compat
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libc6
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  g++ g++-2.95 language-env libc6-dev libncurses5-dev libnss-db
  libstdc++2.10-dev libtool locales
  libdb1-compat
1 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 9 to remove and 2  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/3991kB of archives. After unpacking 36.6MB will be freed.

Merci beaucoup & à la prochaine,

Julien
--
How much time does a car remain parked?  How much money do you spend on
your car?  How much space & energy does it takes to move 1 person?