getaddrinfo returns wrong addresses at times

Hi,

I experienced that getaddrinfo returns once in a while the ip address of the internet interface of my linux server instead of the ip of the remote site. In my case I use getaddrinfo about once in 5 minutes to translate "offer.ebay.de". The described wrong behaviuor occurs about once per day.

Did somebody experienced similiar behaviuors or is this a known issue somehow?

Thread-Safety or not should not be an issue so it is just one thread/program path running. Anyhow I would be interested whether getaddrinfo is implemented in a thread-safe manner or not (in the current glibc). I have already gathered disleading information about that.

Thank you in advance,
Frank.