Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: Re: little NPTL SCHED_FIFO test program

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 10:03, Robert Jordens wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:41:26 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 06:35, Robert Jordens wrote:

> >> That and:
> >>
> >>   - start 2.3.2.ds1-17.  We only fix RC or very important bugs from this
> >>     version in 2.3.2.ds1 series.
> >>
> >> That implies "not in sarge" since I don't think they classify the NPTL
> >> bugs as Release Critical. I'll see what I can do.
> >>

> > OK.  FWIW, this bug does break the jackd package, and renders the
> > realtime-lsm package a lot less useful.  I guess the main issue is
> > whether there's any chance it would break anything.
>
> I explained the situation during one hour on IRC. glibc is frozen
> right now and I couldn't convice them to consider the bug as
> release critical. Sorry. I'll try to provide fixed versions of glibc
> at the location mentioned above.

Argh, they will not even fix it in unstable?  What is the point of
having an unstable distribution?!?.  Can we at least add the fix to
experimental?

If not now, then when do you expect this to be in unstable?

I guess we will have to start our own campaign to get this fixed.  If
they are too conservative to put a trivial fix like this in UNSTABLE,
which is the most bleeding edge thing they offer, we will just have to
update the jackd FAQ and post a notice on linux-audio-dev and
linux-audio-user recommending people use FC2 or SuSE because Debian will
not listen to its users.

MONTHS were spent tracking this bug down.  It is an insult to the Linux
audio community for Debian to refuse to fix this.

Lee