Re: glibc 2.3.3 not in?

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:10:36AM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> I am just curious: Why isn't glibc 2.3.3 in Debian?

Because each CVS bump causes major disruption and we've been attempting
to freeze for release since last September.  We've taken pieces that we
care about from it, and our snapshot is from about 2 months before 2.3.3
was tagged.  We have also pulled a number of safe patches from after
that point.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it.