Re: libc6 in woody and sarge with kernel 2.4

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:46:25 +0900, GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:
> At Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:18:32 +0100,
> Ketil Froyn wrote:
> > When a program tries to lstat() a file larger than 2gb, the syscall
> > lstat64() returns ok, but libc6 says something wrong happened.
> > This appears
> > to have worked on a redhat8 system with a custom 2.4 kernel and glibc
> > 2.3.2, though I have not tested with this minimal program (because
> > that redhat8 instance does not exist any longer):
>
> I guess your program is needed to compile with LFS option:
>
>         gcc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
>
> Or use _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, or O_LARGEFILE for open.
>
> See:    http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Thanks, Masanori, that works for my test program. But that doesn't
help my third-party program, which is why I started investigating this
issue. I have a third party, non-open executable that worked fine on
redhat 8 with large files, but doesn't work on debian, because of this
lstat() issue.

If anyone has suggestions for how I can fix this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ketil Froyn