Is it possible to make ld.so not to use oprimized libraries?

Hello.

I have libc6-686 package installed, and most programs work correctly with
optimized libraries.

However, there are at least two examples of program crashes when optimized
libraries are used (one is mencoder, another is crossopver office running
word).

It is possible to make individual programs not to use optimized libraries
(i.e. by setting some envirenment variable before starting them)?

I guess I make create /lib2, symlink there all *so* files from lib, and set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to it. But maybe there is a better solution?