libc6 and FLOATING_STACKS

Hi all,
I am wondering if someone would help me with the following problem:
I use debian woody linux, when trying to compile my program ran into
the following problem: current version of libc6 includes a library
libpthreads.so which needs to be compiled with FLOATING_STACKS option
(that allows a thread to use more of 2Mb of stack) but it's compiled
without it.
Installing libc6_2.3.2.ds1-11_i386.deb and libc6-i686_2.3.2.ds1-11_i386.deb
solves the problem with stacks, but that version comes from unstable
and since every other package in debian depends on libc6 eventually
I'd have to replace all dev and many other packages with unstable
versions of those.
Tried to unpack the package in different directory and use it from
there, but that didn't work since libraries depend on one another and
paths seem to be hardwired into libraries.

I tried to compile libc6-2.2.5-11.5, but I can't get it to enable
FLOATING_STACKS correctly, read somewhere that specifying minimum
kernel version to 2.4 should do the trick, but that didn't work for
me.

Tried to compile 2.3.2.ds1-11 in an attempt to add prefix to libraries
and be able to install unstable version elsewhere and live happily
with two versions of libc6, let debian use stable version and I would
compile my stuff with unstable one.  Tried compiling with gcc-3.3 and
gcc-3.2 - fails with the same error:

sscanf.c:31:  warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'sscanf'
sscanf.c: In function 'sscanf'
sscanf.c:37: error 'va_start' used in function with fixed args

Could anyone help me compile either package the way I want it? Or may
be there is a way to install the unstable package to a different
place?

Thanks in advance

Vlad Paramygin