Re: Userland headers available

Friesen, Christopher [CAR:7Q28:EXCH] wrote:

The obvious way is to have the kernel headers include the userland
headers, then everything below that be wrapped in "#ifdef __KERNEL__". Userland then includes the normal kernel headers, but only gets the userland-safe ones.

I just realized this wasn't clear. I envision a new set of headers in the kernel that are clean to export to userland. The current headers then include the appropriate userland-clean ones, and everything below that is kernel only.

This lets the kernel maintain the userland-clean headers explicitly, and we don't have the work of cleaning them up for glibc.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen                    | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks                  | work: (613) 765-0557